Join the dynamic and diverse ministry team at Winnetka Congregational Church, an open-minded, open-hearted, non-denominational Christian church just north of Chicago.
The Executive Director of Operations (EDO) is the WCC chief of administrative staff, responsible for management of the administrative, financial and facility functions of WCC. The EDO will manage and coordinate all administrative personnel and functions to ensure that WCC processes are effective and efficient.
The EDO is a full-time member of staff, reporting to the Senior Pastor. The EDO is the primary contact for the congregation and the community regarding business, financial and facility matters, including scheduling.
• Manage and oversee care and maintenance of the church facilities, both routine maintenance and cleaning as well as long term maintenance and capital projects.
• Manage and oversee the business processes of the Church, including information systems, sound systems, records administration, and the scheduling of the facilities of the Church.
• Manage and oversee the finance processes of WCC ensuring accurate accounting and secure management of the church’s financial resources.
• Oversee all purchasing agreements, outsourcing agreements, benefits, insurance and other contracts, contractors and subcontractors on behalf of WCC.
• Ensure proper functioning of all facility systems, including security, computer, sound and audio systems.
• Enjoys leading teams to create processes that operate smoothly
• Has a warm and collaborative management style; willing to pitch in to get things done
• Able to grasp operational complexity while leading a team to accomplish key goals
• Believes in the value of church and the power of faith in our lives
• Love of, and interpersonal ability, to engage with people of all ages, orientations, genders, backgrounds, and ability levels
• Committed to our congregation’s vision of respect, inclusion, and empowerment
• Well organized, action oriented and effective, motivational communicating style
• On-site and available to the staff and congregation during normal hours of operation.
• On call after normal hours for all facility operations, including security, computer, sound and audio systems.
• Present at WCC worship service on one Sunday morning per month and additional congregation meetings as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Successful track record of managing teams and operational processes
• Experience managing personnel, contracts, outsourced services, financial processes
• Experience with process management and project management
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Bob Smith and Steve Huels via HR-WCC@wcc-joinus.org. Applications will be accepted until January 10, 2020. The desired start date is February 3, 2020.
725 Pine St., Winnetka, IL 60093
Email Us | Directions
Church Office hours:
Monday: 8 AM to 4 PM
Tuesday–Thursday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Friday: Church office closed.
Sunday Worship Service at 10 AM
As “A House of Worship For All People”, Winnetka Congregational Church acknowledges, supports, and welcomes all God’s children whatever their age, culture, race, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic or marital status, education, nationality, or cultural background, physical or cognitive ability.
As called by Christ: we seek to celebrate every person’s dignity, uniqueness, relationships, and God-given gifts; to recognize our inter-connectedness as human beings; and to foster a safe, nurturing community in which each person can live out their faith journey authentically and wholeheartedly.