Birth to age 3: Our nursery cares for our youngest children so that parents may attend worship. It is staffed by a professional caregiver and her assistants and is available every week during the Sunday worship service.
Our nursery caregivers have all worked with us for 4+ years and are well-loved by parents.
Child Care Program
Our Child Care Program provides a safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate space for infants and toddlers.
Parents may freely and confidently participate in Adult Enrichment, worship, choir, and church school activities knowing that their little ones are enjoying themselves in a protective and engaging environment.
Our Child Care Center is divided into two sections: one for infants and one for toddlers. We allow parents to determine the age at which their children become “toddlers” but we must move the energetically mobile to the toddler room for infant safety.
Features of our Child Care Program
- Nursery— restricted to non-walkers
- Toddler Room—through age four (some four year olds will want to go to Junior Kindergarten Church School)
- Pagers—We offer a silent paging system for your use during your stay with us. We will alert you in case you are needed in your child’s care. See details in the nursery.
- Cribs—provided with freshly laundered sheets and blankets
- Refrigerator—to store your labeled infant bottles and food
- Cleanliness—all surfaces, toys, and utensils are disinfected before use
- Toys—age appropriate puzzles, crayons, story and activity books, trains, dolls, child-sized furniture
- Jr. Church School—for toddlers is offered during both services
- Bible Story time—”good” books or Bible Stories
- Craft time
- Cooperative play
Please note: due to the incidence of allergies among our children we must insist that no food or drink be brought into the nursery from outside. The snacks we provide are suitable and safe for all children. When you register your child, be sure to notify us of your child’s special needs.
Help us serve your child best
- Protect those with allergies—please do not bring in any outside food. The food we provide has been approved for universal safety. No snacks are allowed in the infant room, however, if provided, we happily bottle-feed your infant.
- Teach us about your child’s uniqueness–Register your child using the green colored form available in the nursery and be sure to clearly mark any concerns you may have.
- Bring your own diapers label them. Same goes for infant food
- Bring a labeled bag with a change of clothes to store here
- If you are not taking a pager make sure we know where we can find you.
- Sign your child in and out of the nursery at each visit. Indicate who is permitted to pick-up your child and be sure to sign out.
- Use only the North door when you enter or leave.
- Give your child time to acclimate to our nursery—regular attendance builds confidence and comfort for both parent and child. Feel free to stop in on your own for a play visit.
Child care staff
We are fortunate to have a well-trained, experienced, and loyal staff, many of whom were trained at Harkness House for Children’s child-care center. For information on the nursery staff please contact: email@example.com.
Child Care Registration
At WCC, we strive to make your child’s experience informative, fun, and challenging, but most of all safe. (To that end, our teachers complete Protection Policies disclosing their fitness for the ministry of teaching. We take your trust in us seriously.) A great environment for learning is only part of the story—the stars are the children and we need information from you to serve them well.
Use our Church School Registration Cards which are available in the Nursery, on our Church School bulletin board, and at information stations throughout the church. In order to understand your child and his or her needs; all children whether members or visiting friends must be registered with the Church School office.
If possible, plan to complete your family’s card prior to the start of Church School. Let’s work together to make Winnetka Congregational a safe and nurturing environment for our kids.