2017-2018 Servants Mission Trip
San Luis Valley Habitat for Humanity
June 16 – June 23, 2018
The Servants are headed to Alamosa, Colorado this June to help build houses with Habitat for Humanity in the San Luis Valley. All youth who are currently in grades 9-12 (during the 2017-2018 school year) are eligible for this trip. Registration information and deadlines along with other important dates are below.
About the Trip
“Come Hike & Build You will have a great time building Habitat Homes and an incredible experience God’s awesome playground! We are located in rural southern Colorado in the center of the San Luis Valley, the world’s largest alpine valley. A population of 40,000 is disbursed throughout our Valley, roughly the size of Connecticut, nestled amidst the peaks of the San Juan and de Cristo Mountains. Alamosa is the largest town in the Valley with a population of 10,000; 2,000 make up the campus of Adams State University. With over 320 days of sunshine year-round, we build passive solar design homes.”
- Register by February 14, 2018 with a $250 deposit
- The final cost of the trip will be determined based on travel costs and estimated fundraising.
- Scholarships are available. Please be in touch with Pastor Sarah if a scholarship would be helpful.
- Participate in at least 3 Fundraising Events (see dates below)
- Must include the selling of Mission Stock & the contribution of at least one auction item
- Participate in Servants on Sunday afternoons
- Participate in other pre-trip activities
February 14, 2018—Registration Deadline
April 22, 2018—Silent Auction Fundraiser
May 20, 2018—Pentecost Picnic Fundraiser
Forms & Downloadable Information