Growing WCC Through Faith – Our Goals
A . Faith Based: We will be and build a vibrant faith community where we continuously deeply explore, challenge and build our faith. We will do this by:
- Consolidating and updating our mission and belief statements to more fully encapsulate the deep and abiding view of who we are, allowing members and visitors to find many ways to attach to and be spiritual within our faith community.
- Thematically planning for church seasons and integrating faith development through our worship experience, music, small group and education programs in the manner of our Phase 2 experience creating a sense of expectancy for our members to be filled with God’s presence.
- Ensuring continuous education and faith exploration in a variety of forms for all ages, stages and faith positions.
- Actively pursuing opportunities to a) streamline our lay (not staff) administration and minimize bureaucracy, b) focus our programs in support of faith building and c) increase our energy and engagement to remain a strong, vibrant church.
B. Stewardship: We will embrace our faith further through developing a strong belief in Stewardship as a reflection and expression of our faith for achieving the mission and vision of our church. Our church exists to change lives–ours and others–through expressions of our faith in time, talent and resources given with gladness and generosity in hearts. We will do this by:
- Having a membership which is actively engaged in the life of our church. As members, our devotion and commitment will be evidenced by regular worship attendance, participation in small groups, sharing in service together and making a financial commitment to support the work of WCC as we are able.
- Joyfully welcoming and encouraging visitors to participate in the life of our community through our use of passing of the peace, name tags, weekly follow up visits, etc.
- Communicating well with our current and prospective members; valuing our website, messenger and social media as powerful ways to engage and share the gifts of WCC.
- Coming together as a supportive community of faith in fellowship. As a full congregation, and in small groups to share meals and time with each other multiple times per year.
- Transforming our lives and the lives of others through service; by maximizing the effectiveness of our current outreach and mission activities and conducting “all church” service projects for all ages and stages.